Buyer behavior has changed a lot since early 2020. More and more consumers are going online to shop to fulfill the vast majority of their needs. The online business boom has its advantages if you have a proper website and keep it optimized to get the most out of it that you can.
Creating a website that reliably converts visitors into customers isn’t as easy as just having a few web pages with some nice imagery and contact information. In today’s market, with so much information coming at everyone from all angles, your page must be up to date and be in tune with your audience, not to mention properly coded for speed and functionality.
The technical aspects of building a website can frustrate many-a business owner. After all, it's your job to run your business, not be a web design guru.
That’s why there are web design professionals out there to help you make the most out of your web presence, big or small. Let’s go over some of the pros and cons of building your own website versus hiring a professional web designer.
Advantages Of Hiring a Web Design Professional
- Expert SEO and Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO) knowledge that will get you more traffic faster when you launch your new site or relaunch a revamped site.
- Quality web design with more advanced website tools that are missing in drag-and-drop builders, such as meta-titles, sitemaps and SSL certification.
- Personal attention to detail that is formulated and catered just for your business from a team of experts that have experience and know how to get you the most out of your website.
- Customization - Professionally built websites are made to stand out from others like it and are customized to suit your needs.
- Tricks of the trade - Website designers are knowledgeable and up to date on all the latest technology, practices and ways to get traffic to your website.
- Web design professionals use the best web hosting platforms and can seamlessly transfer over your content without you lifting a finger.
- Detailed metrics - to analyze your performance, your demographics, usage patterns, and much more to inform your sales and marketing efforts.
Advantages Of Building Your Own DIY Website
- Inexpensive to set up with low monthly fees or free if you have the host company’s website in your URL or if you advertise them on your page.
- Free or inexpensive templates to choose when building your own website.
- Changes can be made at will based on your preferences.
- User-friendly drag-and-drop designs.
Disadvantages Of Building Your Own DIY Website
- You will need FAR more knowledge of technical aspects of web design in order to be competitive: like proper SEO practices, meta-titles and tags, keyword optimization strategies, and other more in depth websearch elements.
- Blend in with the crowd - Drag-and-drop templates often are used over and over by other businesses so your look may resemble others in the field you sell in.
- Hard to transfer your web content you’ve worked on over to a different hosting platform if you decide to move sites.
- Clunky domain names and URLs - Free or basic plans usually have you using the hosting site's name before your business and that could look unprofessional.
- Building your own site is a HUGE time investment, especially if you don’t have prior web design experience. Your site needs to be constantly updated to stay competitive and maintain the security of your data and that of your customers and clients.
- Shared hosting with web builders means your information is less secure than on a private server.
Running a business can be very time consuming, so choosing to go with a web designer versus building your own website can end up saving you time and money in the long run.
Your Business Deserves An Eye-Catching Website
At KangoMedia, we specialize in designing websites and making digital marketing campaigns that will convert website clicks into leads and paying customers.
Clients that work with us say that they see results in the form of an increase in website leads, requests for quotes, service calls, and sales.
KangoMedia is known for our focus and drive on giving you the website you want and the online traffic you deserve. Take a look at our many testimonials to see what other business owners are saying about us and contact us today to get started on your new, amazing website!
Give us a shout, and let’s talk about your business