Having a competent, engaging and eye-catching website is your best strategy to generate more leads and to see those leads become real sales. Your website is your greatest marketing tool, but like most tools, you need to know how to use it to get the most out of it.
Here are 5 tips to help integrate your website into your marketing strategy and get you the leads you need to see a real return faster.
1. Focus on Your Marketing Strategy
Website marketing is a strategic way to promote your website to drive compatible web traffic to the website. The goal, of course, is to draw in new and potential customers and get more of them coming in than before. The aim is to rank high in SERPs (search engine results pages) which is done by utilizing SEO (search engine optimization) strategies, with the help of social media and content marketing, to drive traffic and increase engagement. Website marketing is one of the best ways to expand your business’s share in the market and attract new leads and convert them into customers.
2. Improve Your SEO
Many people use web searches to find what they are looking for. SEO helps get you to the top of the search results faster by utilizing keywords and phrases intuitively on your website. Having a strong SEO presence is very important and most likely the first thing you’d be told you needed if you hired a professional marketing firm.
Since 92% of global traffic comes from Google, it is best to go along with their rules for SEO and make sure your website has an ironclad SEO strategy in place to get you higher on the rankings.
SEO Strategies For Beginners
- Do your keyword research: Find the keywords that are relevant to your niche and add specific keywords to each page in a way that reads naturally and makes sense. Do not keyword-spam them one after the other — Google will penalize your SERP ranking for trying to game the system with this tactic.
- Optimize your pages’ images for SEO: Make sure the file name of any images you use have relevant keywords tagged, reduce image file sizes to be web-appropriate and to decrease loading times, update your meta descriptions to be relevant, and make use of internal and external links to refer to relevant pages both within and outside of your site. This not only sends traffic where you want, but also bolsters your authority in the domain, and shows Google that your pages provide value to your visitors.
- Add a blog: This is a key way you can include relevant long-tail keywords in your pages. Make a daily or weekly blog about your industry, hot topics within it, and updates that pertain to your clientele and customers.
It can be quite a bit of work to keep up with all of this, and SEO is an ongoing process, so don’t be afraid to reach out to an SEO specialist or Digital Marketing Firm to assist with this and other elements of your digital marketing efforts.
3. Utilize Email Marketing and Automation
In 2019, global email users topped out at 3.9 billion people and this number is slated to grow over 4 billion by 2022. That’s more than half the world’s population and an audience you can’t afford to overlook.
Developing a targeted email marketing strategy is a great way to draw new and existing leads into your site to see the changes you’ve made, experience your site, and be driven toward your products. Sending out discounts, coupons, event news, contests and more can entice people to return or try your business out for the first time.
Always use specific and catchy wording to make the email subject as enticing as possible and don’t inundate your subscribers with too many emails. Work on creating a “drip” strategy that entices instead of annoys your audience.
4. Backlinks Are Your Friend
Did you know that 55% of all web pages don’t have even one single backlink? A backlink (also known as “inbound links”) are links from one website to a page on another website. Having backlinks on your website helps search engines analyze the most popular websites and also the site’s authority and trustworthiness as well.
The top results on Google’s SERP have 3.8x more backlinks than the results below them, so utilizing them well is another crucial step in the right direction to getting your traffic up.
5. Optimize Your Site For Mobile
Many of us answer emails, conduct business and search for the best place to eat for lunch all on our phones. Almost 65% of all search traffic online was mobile in the last two years. If managed properly, search marketing can greatly increase your web traffic without costing you too much of your well-earned profits.
Ensure that your webpages are mobile friendly, and mobile optimized for easy accessibility on any device at any time. Google prefers mobile-optimized sites, and favors them in searches since they adopted mobile-first indexing back in July 2019.
Other Ways To Stimulate Website Growth With Marketing
- Use YouTube to make relevant videos about your business and link them to your website. (Always be sure to host your videos off-site to save bandwidth and decrease loading times).
- Come up with impressive branding for your logo and make your website one of a kind with an eye-catching layout.
- Claim your business on Google My Business.
In A Marketing Slump? We Can Help!
We know that your website is your greatest asset to link your business to new and potential customers. We will do everything we can do to get your site to the top!
KangoMedia offers website development, design and SEO services to help your site stand out from the rest. Is your website desktop-only? We can fix that and help you get a fully functional mobile layout. Website not appearing near the top of Google searches? We can help you optimize your site with industry leading SEO as well.
Reach out to us here today to get a quote, and let KangoMedia help your website thrive.